The History of Amsterdam and much more at the Amsterdam Museum
Amsterdam – a city with many faces. Well-known for its canals, great artists, Ajax, coffee shops, its liberal attitude and many other things, Amsterdam offers a lot to discover. Visit the interactive museum and see, read and hear how Amsterdam became the city it is today.
In a beautiful monumental building in the heart of Amsterdam you will find the Amsterdam Museum, with all its stories about the past, the present and the future! This interactive museum is a lot of fun for all ages, and a perfect starting point if you’d like to learn more about this unique city. The Amsterdam Museum is located near Spui Square, which is a 10 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station.
Interesting historical facts are presented in an interactive way. After your visit, you will see and experience Amsterdam in a completely new way.
Do you want to see Amsterdam and more of the Netherlands afterwards? Then visit THIS IS HOLLAND and experience Holland in a special way!
|LOCATION||Kalverstraat 92, Amsterdam|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central Station:|
Tram 2, 12 stop: Spui
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
A guided tour costs €70 per guide. Each guide can take a group of maximum 15 people per tour.
- It is not possible to visit the museum on a mobility scooter or in an electric wheelchair, due to safety reasons
- There are facilities for disabled
- Show your printed ticket at the entrance
- Children up until the age of 17 are free of charge
Are you looking for more opportunities to learn about Amsterdam’s history and culture? The Rembrandthouse museum shows not only the house and life of one of the most important citizens of Amsterdam: Rembrandt, but connects this story to the story of the city!
- Since 1975, the Amsterdam Museum has been located in the Kalverstraat in a spectacular building
- The Amsterdam Gallery, a covered street leading from Begijnensteeg to the museum, is one of the few freely accessible ‘museum streets’ in the world.