A special trip through the history of art of buzzing Rotterdam!
Art fits just as well in the Netherlands as cheese and windmills. No wonder there are so many great unique museums dedicated to art completely in the Netherlands. One of these museums is the Boijmans Van Beuningen. The largest museum of Rotterdam has a fine collection of masters such as Vincent van Gogh, Hieronymus Bosch, John Standing, Rembrandt and many more. Get a complete journey through the history of art!
|LOCATION||Museumpark 18, Rotterdam|
|OPENING HOURS||Tue – Sun: 11:00 – 17:00|
Closed on January 1, April 27 and December 25
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||The museum is a 15 minute walk from Rotterdam Central station|
Tram 7 stop: Museumpark / Witte de Withstraat
Metro Callandlijn stop: Eendrachtsplein
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 13:00|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed tickets|
An Audiotour is available in Boijmans Van Beuningen museum trough the app: tour.boijmans.nl, in Dutch or English. (You can select different themes).
At special exhibitions extra audio guides are available
- The museum is wheelchair accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available in the museum.
- For special exhibitions, it is possible that Boijmans Van Beuningen museum charges a fee
- Start with the Dutch master Rembrandt, take a journey through impressionism of Van Gogh and Monet and try to understand surrealists like Dali. There is art for all tastes and types!
- The collection of drawings and prints is considered by experts one of best in the world!
- Mr. van Beuningen, a lawyer in the 19th century, had an amazing collection of art from the early middles ages and still today, the collection keeps expanding!