Always wanted to see the real ‘Night Watch’ of Rembrandt? Visit the Rijksmuseum!
Take the opportunity to admire the ‘Night Watch’ of Rembrandt and visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, so wonderfully exhibited, it will definitely not disappoint. The gallery of Dutch Masters is astonishing, but the Rijksmuseum offers an enormous collection of art from all ages and nations, keeping you busy for hours and hours.
The largest museum of the Netherlands invites you to discover the Dutch masters of the Golden Age and takes you back in time. Admire the works of Rembrandt van Rijn, Johannes Vermeer, Frans Hals, Jan Steen and of many more artists, while walking through the impressive building of the museum.
Always check out the current exhibitions and buy your tickets here to get ‘Skip the Line’ entrance. Make the most out of your stay in Amsterdam and don’t waste precious time waiting in the queue!
A tip from us: combine your visit to the Rijksmuseum with the Heineken Experience! Buy your combination tickets here with discount.
PLEASE NOTE: for the Rembrandt-Velázquez exhibition, you must select a start time separately on the Rijksmuseum.nl website. If you already have a Rijksmuseum ticket, choose the “I already have a ticket/voucher” option (please check first if there is a start time available on the day you want to go, Rijksmuseum tickets cannot be refunded!)
|LOCATION||Museumstraat 1, Amsterdam (Museumplein)|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station:|
Tram 2 or 12 to stop: Rijksmuseum
Bus 397 stop: Rijksmuseum
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 11:00 h or after 15:00 h|
|TICKET TYPE||Smartphone accepted|
The audio tour is accessible through the free Rijksmuseum app or you can get it at the museum itself. Earphones can be purchased in the museum. The audio tour is available in: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian.
- Wheelchair accessible
- All floors accessible with elevators
- Enter the ‘People with tickets’ entrance and show the voucher in your email (on your smartphone)
- Cloakroom is free of charge
- Children up to 19 years old are free of charge
Note: Rijksmuseum tickets cannot be refunded!
- Get up close to 800 years of Dutch art and history with 8,000 objects across 80 galleries – including renowned masterpieces such as Rembrandt’s Night Watch and Vermeer’s The Milkmaid, plus fantastic temporary exhibitions
- The Rijksmuseum, the most-visited museum of the Netherlands, can have lengthy ticket lines. Our skip the line tickets get you priority access
- Not just paintings – there’s sculpture, an exhibition of clothing and weapons, and one of the finest libraries you’ll ever see. Even the passageway just outside the museum is monumental!