Be Dazzled by Van Gogh’s Masterpieces
Famous sunflowers, ‘The Potato Eaters’ and well-known self-portraits of Vincent van Gogh, can be found in the museum that is entirely dedicated to the popular Dutch artist. The Van Gogh museum attracts more than 1.5 million visitors per year. Come and see for yourself why the Van Gogh Museum is so popular!
Not only tourists, yet also locals admire the 200 paintings and 400 drawings that are on display all year round. Letters that Vincent van Gogh wrote to friends and family can also be seen and give an interesting insight into the private, as well as to the artistic life of the Dutch master.
In the summer there are extended opening hours, so visit the van Goghmuseum in the evening as well!
|LOCATION||Museumplein 6, Amsterdam|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station:|
Tram 2, 12 to stop Van Baerlestraat
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 11:00 or after 16:00, or fridaynight|
|TICKET TYPE||Smartphone accepted|
The Van Gogh Museum offers an audio guide in the following languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin and Japanese.
- Wheelchair accessible
- All floors are accessible with elevators
- The van Gogh Museum is located on the Museumplein, next to the Rijksmuseum and the Stedelijk museum
- Enter at the preferred partner entrance; the Yellow lane
- Cloakroom is free of charge, and obligatory for large bags or purses
- The museum is free of charge for children up to 18 years old
Note: make sure that you choose the right time and date for your ticket since these tickets are Non Refundable!
- View the largest collection of Van Gogh’s works in the world
- Every friday the Van Gogh Museum is open ’till late with extra fun activities!
- Visit the museum shop for an extensive selection of unique gifts such as jewellery, posters, design, souvenirs and books about Vincent van Gogh.