The canals were lit last winter, so beautiful!
Sadly the Amsterdam Light Festival has ended. Want to see Amsterdam from the water? Click here! The next edition takes place in December 2020 – January 2021.
During the late night Amsterdam Light Festival cruise from November 28th 2019 to January 19th, 2020, you could experience Amsterdam in a different light, literally. Last year “disrupted!” was the theme. A “disruption” or a sudden disruption is usually inconvenient, and has to do with conflicts, chaos and perhaps even danger. But disruption can also give a positive and sometimes essential impetus to change. It questions fixed assumptions, triggers new discussions, encourages people and organizations to take action and reveals unknown possibilities. discover all sides of this during the Amsterdam Light Festival.
Last edition you could experience the Amsterdam Light Festival cheaper than usual with this Late Night Cruise.
The Amsterdam Light Festival consists of many luminous sculptures that are all distributed throughout the city. This turned the Amsterdam canals into a luminous spectacle in the last months. The next edition will take place in December 2020 and January 2021.
|Stromma: In front of Central Station, Prins Hendrikkade 37a (next to the bridge)|
|DEPARTURE TIMES||The Amsterdam Light Festival is from the 28th of November 2019 till the 19th of January 2020.
(The 31st of December, the last departure will be at 18:30).
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Opposite Central Station|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Please check-in 15 minutes before your reserved time|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed e-ticket, also smartphone accepted!|
- The audio guides (English and Dutch) in the boats are specially made for the festival!
- Wheelchairs can be stored aboard (but the boats are not fully wheelchair accessible)
- Make sure to book in advance. The Amsterdam Light Festival is one of the most popular events in the winter, and gets sold out very fast!
- Amsterdam is lit up by this festival only once a year!
- The Amsterdam Ligth Festival attracts admirers from all over the world
- Comfortable and warm boats with explanation about the art!