The canals were lit this winter, so beautiful!
Sadly the Amsterdam Light Festival has ended. Want to see Amsterdam from the water? Click here. The next edition takes place in December 2020 – January 2021.
From the 28th November 2019 until the 19th of January 2020, you could experience Amsterdam in a different light. Literally. Last edition’s theme was ‘disrupted’. A disruption is usually inconvenient, and is often associated with conflict, chaos and danger. But disruption can also give a positive and sometimes essential initiative to change. It questions fixed assumptions, triggers new discussions, encourages people and organizations to take action, and reveals unknown possibilities. At the Amsterdam Light Festival you will be given the chance to discover all sides of disruption.
With this canal cruise you experienced a special route of the Amsterdam Light Festival! The Amsterdam Light Festival consists of many light artworks that are all to be found throughout the city. It turns the Amsterdam city center into a luminous spectacle in the coming months. During the cruise you will be enchanted by the various light sculptures, projections and installations by contemporary (international) artists that have been selected by the jury of the Amsterdam Light Festival.
|Stromma: In front of Central Station, Prins Hendrikkade 37a (next to the bridge)|
|DEPARTURE TIMES||The next edition is in December 2020|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Opposite Central Station|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Please check in 15 minutes before your reserved time|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed e-ticket, also smarthpone accepted!|
- The audio guides (English and Dutch) in the boats are specially made for the festival! Stromma is the No.1 partner of the ALF, so the quality will be great.
- Wheelchairs can be storaged aboard (but the boats are not fully wheelchair accessible)
- Make sure to book in advance. The Amsterdam Light Festival in one of the most popular events in the winter, and gets sold out very fast!
- Amsterdam is lit up by this festival only once a year!
- The Amsterdam Ligth Festival attracts admirers from all over the world
- Comfortable and warm boats with explanation about the art!