A Zoo in the Heart of Amsterdam
At ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo, nature, culture and heritage come together. Every tree, every creature, every building, microbe, and plant has its own story. ARTIS has been telling these stories since 1838, and each day they are born anew. Experience it for yourself. Be amazed by the many species living side by side in the Forest and Bird House. Take a trip through space inside the ARTIS-Planetarium. Watch the giraffes, zebras, ostriches and springboks intermingling on the Savannah. Feel the fluttering of countless wings in the Butterfly Pavilion. Admire the tropical fish swimming in the vast Aquarium. Stroll through the historical city park with its century-old trees and wealth of plants. Experience nature and discover its significance for our civilization – because a better understanding of nature fosters greater respect for all life around us.
Have you already heard about the great opportunity to combine your visit to ARTIS with the newly opened Micropia? Read all about this great attraction here.
|LOCATION||Plantage Kerklaan 38 – 40, Amsterdam|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station|
Tram 14 to stop Artis
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
- Wheelchair accessible, wheelchairs are available for lending at the entrance
- Artis has its own parking (€6 per hour)
- Show your printed ticket at the entrance
- Children up until the age of 2 are free of charge
- Clean air for us all. As from 4 April 2019, Artis is a smoke-free park
- Volunteers will tell you everything about the animals
- Amazing aquarium
- Don’t forget to visit Micropia as well!