The best place in Amsterdam for classical music fans: The Concertgebouw; now there are tours available as well!
Take a look behind the scenes at one of the world’s most famous concert venues during a tour of the Royal Concertgebouw in the center of Amsterdam and get access to areas that are normally hidden. Hear stories about the rich history of the building from the best guides.
The Concertgebouw can be found on the Museumplein, near the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum and the Mocomuseum. Because the building contains more stories than just the stories told during classical concerts, the Concertgebouw now offers one hour of guided tours! If you are interested in something new and different in Amsterdam, this tour is definitely recommended.
|LOCATION||Concertgebouwplein 10, Amsterdam|
|OPENING HOURS||Wednesday 13:30|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Centraal:|
Tram 12 to stop: Van Baerlestraat
Tram 24 to stop: Roelof Hartplein
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||10 minutes before the start of the tour|
|TICKET TYPE||Smartphone accepted, scan the QR-code|
- For more information about the Royal Concert Hall click here or visit their website if you want to attend a concert!
- Visitors to the Concertgebouw receive a discount if they park at Q Park Museumplein. You will receive this discount at the Concertgebouw’s cloakroom
- The building is wheelchair friendly, but always let us know when you plan to come with a wheelchair
- Pets are not allowed, except guide dogs
Looking for more inspiration in and around the Museumplein area in Amsterdam? The Moco museum is the newest addition to the Museumplein and has great exhibitions about the ‘Rock Stars of Art’. If you like more classical art, the Rijksmuseum is always a must-see in Amsterdam.
- Get an exclusive look behind the scenes at The Concert Hall
- Discover parts of the building normally hidden from the public
- Explore an entire maze of passageways below the Main Hall
- Hear all the stories about the incredible history of one of the world’s finest concert venues