A Medieval Tower Packed with History
This Attraction is closed until further notice.
The Dom Tower is over 600 years old and is the symbol of the city of Utrecht. It is also the tallest church tower in our country. You can climb the medieval tower with a guide in an hour. During the climb you will learn all about the bell chime and the largest bells in the Netherlands. Once you have climbed the Domtoren that has 465 steps, your sportive performance is rewarded with a magnificent view!
While you are in Utrecht, you should make the most out of your stay! Why not take a pedal boat tour in Utrecht?
|LOCATION||Domplein 9 – 10, Utrecht|
|OPENING HOURS||Daily: 10.00 – 17.00h|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Utrecht Central station:
Walking takes you 12 minutes
Bus 2 to stop Domplein
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
Your visit to the Dom Tower includes a guided tour which starts approximately every 30 minutes. The tour is available in Dutch or English and lasts 1 hour.
- The Domtoren is a medieval building and the only way up are by climbing the old stairs, therefore this tower is not accessible for wheelchairs
- The nearest parking is at the Strostreeg
- Check out the best view of Utrecht from 112 metres high. When it was built (1322) it was the highest tower of Europe!
- Please notice the unique way the tower is built: in three parts to symbolize the Holy Trinity
- Visit the various chapels and admire the beautiful bells