Van Gogh returns -The Life and Work of Vincent van Gogh
Nuenen: Van Gogh Village
Delve into the life and work of Vincent van Gogh and visit a range of locations in Nuenen that inspired the artist, including the reformed church featured in his painting. This excursion will give you an insight into Vincent’s life in Nuenen, where he lived from December 1883 to November 1885. Vincent was very productive in this village, completing more than 500 paintings and drawings within a period of just two years. One of these was The Potato Eaters, now one of Vincent’s most famous works. During your time in Nuenen you’ll have the change to visit the Vincentre Museum, explore some of the 23 ‘Van Gogh locations’ by bike or on foot and soak up the renowned Brabant hospitality at the numerous shops and cafes.
After exploring Vincent’s homeland, we will return to Amsterdam to view the recovered paintings and his other fascinating works at the Van Gogh Museum.
Van Gogh Museum:
Renowned masterpieces, quotes from letters and audio fragments all unite to answer your burning questions about the artist. For example, about his numerous self-portraits. About the time he spent in Southern France, where he painted Sunflowers. And about why he painted Almond Blossom.
|DEPARTURE||09.00AM: Van Gogh Museum, Paulus Potterstraat 7, Amsterdam.|
|OPENING HOURS||Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: 9.00AM|
|INCLUDED||✅ Entrance to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam|
✅ Entrance to the Vincentre in Nuenen including audio guide
✅ Village walk with a guide along the Van Gogh heritage locations
✅ Transportation from Amsterdam to Nuenen v.v. by an 8-seater luxurious minivan.
✅ Voucher for a Canal Cruise in Amsterdam (60 min)
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Museumplein, tram 2 or 5.|
Are you interested in van Gogh and his works? You could of course also choose for simply tickets for the van Goghmuseum.
- Visit the green village of Nuenen. Welcomed by a guide and visit the Vincentre (incl. audio guide) and view a film charting Van Gogh’s years in Nuenen.
- View Vincent’s numerous self-portraits, nread quotes from his letters and discover everything about his time in Southern France.
- See the church featured in the recovered painting Congregation Leaving the Reformed Church in Nuenen, which Vincent painted for his mother.
- Stroll through the open-air museum and explore where and how Vincent and his family lived with the guide from the Vincentre.
- Back in Amsterdam, enjoy fast-lane entrance to the Van Gogh Museum.
- Voucher for a Canal Cruise in Amsterdam (60 min) included.