An Impressive Collection of One of our Great Dutch Masters
The Dutch Golden Age is one of the most prominent periods in Dutch history. Many artists are known for their works from that time. Frans Hals is one of the most famous painters from the Golden Age. The Frans Hals Museum in Haarlem shows a collection of important paintings. Besides Frans Hals, you can admire great artworks from Cornelis Engelsz, Jan Steen and many more prestigious artists. The picturesque old building that hosts the museum, is located in the historic centre of Haarlem.
Visit the Frans Hals museum and get to know one of the most famous Dutch Masters during the Golden Age, whose works are still very popular throughout the world! You will be truly introduced to Dutch heritage and proper seventeenth century art. Buy your tickets now and enjoy this beautiful museum.
Are you planning your visit to Haarlem? Nice suggestion would be to combine your visit to the Frans Hals museum with a canal cruise through the canals of Haarlem. Buy your tickets here.
From the 30th of March 2018 The Frans Hals Museum and De Hallen merged together under one name. Exhibitions will be on display at both locations, where old and new art meet and enter into stimulating relationships. Until 24 February 2019, an exhibition can be admired at the Frans Hals Museum: Frans Hals and the Modernen. Entry for this exhibition is not included in the ticket price.
|Groot Heiligland 62, Haarlem|
|OPENING HOURS||Tue – Sat: 11.00 – 17.00 h | Sun and holidays: 12.00 – 17.00 h|
Closed: Mondays, 25 December, 1 January
✅ Free Wifi
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||The Frans Hals museum is a 18 minute walk from Haarlem Central station|
Bus 3, stop Frans Hals Museum
Bus 2, 73 stop Turfmarkt
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
The free audiotour is accessible through the IZI travel app in Dutch and English.
- The Frans Hals museum is wheelchair accessible for the largest part
- Parking is possible at the parking: Houtplein & De Kamp
- Children under the age of 18 are free of charge
- The largest collection of Frans Hals paintings in the world, approximately 800 works including his famous civic guard pieces
- Get to know Frans Hals in 15 minutes in a dynamic presentation of 67 screens, showing his entire biography
- The Frans Hals Museum is located in the hometown of Frans Hals: Haarlem, a beautiful city just 15 minutes from Amsterdam; definitely worth a visit