Explore the countryside with this Hop on Hop off line + Canal Cruise at Zaanse Schans!
This Hop on, Hop off tour through Holland’s picturesque countryside is the perfect way to explore outside the city and experience the rich culture by bus and by boat! Wander through quaint villages and enjoy a unique Zaanse Schans Canal Cruise.
Depart from Amsterdam on a bus destined for the beautiful countryside. Hop on the comfortable bus that will take you within 15 minutes to the countryside just north of Amsterdam. The tour includes eight stops which all promise a unique sight into Dutch history and tradition. As each stop provides its own special slice of culture, this tour has the perfect variety as you explore the Dutch countryside. You can hop-off as often as you wish and enjoy self-guided walking tours with an audio guide or just walk around and admire the typical historical villages. En route, enjoy amazing country views away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy your favorite area at your own leisure! Spending as much or as little time at each stop gives you flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere.
Along the route, you can hop off at the Zaanse Schans, a village that is postcard picture perfect. Step back in time in this village that replicates 18th and 19th century Holland as you experience the open air museum. You will see how residents used to live and work in the Zaan area, surrounded by the picturesque backdrop of fields and wetlands. Stroll along the cobbled streets and visit the historical windmills, the cheese farm and the wooden shoe factory. You can also admire the traditional wooden houses, many of which are still lived in today. To enhance your visit, this tour includes a boat ride along the Zaan River so you can view the cultural sights from a different perspective. During this 25 minute boat tour, enjoy breath-taking views of the Zaan skyline dotted with windmills while you learn about the history of the Zaanse Schans and its heroes. Experience part of Holland’s heritage in a unique setting that is considered a World Heritage site!
When planning your trip to Holland, be sure not to miss this gem of a tour which is suitable for all!
|LOCATION||Meeting/ starting point: THIS IS HOLLAND, situated opposite Amsterdam Central Station along the IJ River. Please take the free ferry from Central Station to the opposite side, direction: ‘Buikslotermeer’. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From the dock, it is just a 3 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.|
Please redeem your voucher at the check-in desk that is located on the ground floor of THIS IS HOLLAND. Here you will receive your Hop on Hop off Cheese, Windmills & Dutch Villages day ticket. Kindly hold onto your ticket carefully, as you will need to show your ticket each time you enter the bus.
At the check-in desk you will also receive your entry ticket for the Windmill Cruises Zaanse Schans. The boat tour departs daily, every 30 minutes. The last departure is at 4.00 pm. You can visit the Zaanse Schans at your own leisure. Windmill Cruises is located at the Zaanse Schans, Klaverringdijk 23.
There are no participant restrictions. This tour is suitable for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
|DEPARTURE TIMES||From 5 October 2018 till 29 March 2019. Every Friday till Monday from 09:00 every 45 minutes.|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central Station, you can take the free ferry with direction “Buiksloterweg”. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From here, it is just a 1 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||The whole day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket and Smartphone accepted|
There will be a stop at the mill ‘Jonge Schaap’ with the Windmill Cruise. Access to the mill is not included! For EUR 3.50 you can purchase an admission ticket on board the Cruise.
- Be aware that the buses drive in one direction only! For example: when you hop off in Volendam, it is not possible to go back to the Henri Willig Cheese Farm.
- When you return to THIS IS HOLLAND, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket.
- If you would like to take advantage of our great audio tours, make sure you download the free Hop on Hop off App! QR codes are available at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND
- No phone? Visitors can rent phones at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND for € 3 per mobile device
- You can purchase earphones at the check-in desk for € 2
- Via the Hop on Hop off App, visitors will be able to see the live (!) location of the bus, so they can always check if the bus is nearby the bus stop.
- Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade your ticket to Hop on Hop off Plus including a choice of 2 free admissions (+ € 15,00)
- A’DAM LOOKOUT (reg. price € 13,50)
Visit the sky deck of this unique tower, which offers breath-taking panoramic views of Amsterdam
- Volendam Experience (reg. price € 8,50)
Discover the past of Volendam through a guided and Virtual Reality tour
- Digital photo in traditional Dutch costume in Volendam (reg. price € 15,00)
Wear the traditional costume of Volendam. Great holiday photo guaranteed!
- Edam Museum (reg. price € 5,00)
The museum is located in the oldest brick house of Edam, dating back to 1540
- Hop on Hop off day ticket including 8 stops
- Canal Cruise at The Zaanse Schans
- Flexible travel, every 45 minutes
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Factory
- Audio tour through app on the bus
- Self-guided walking tours available at all stops