Explore the countryside with this Hop on Hop off line!
This summer, a complete new Hop On Hop Off tour is launched offering a tour through the countryside just north of Amsterdam! All the favourite destinations are within easy reach with this Hop On Hop Off bus line, such as Monnickendam, Volendam, Edam, Purmerend, the windmills of the Zaanse Schans and Zaandam!
Purchase your day ticket and discover the charms of the Dutch countryside. Get dressed up in traditional Dutch costumes, treat yourself to fresh fish at the harbour of Volendam and wander through the historical city of Edam. Visit Henri Willig’s cheese farm and discover the art of cheese making during a free guided tour among the farm animals, admire the original Dutch windmills at the Zaanse Schans and finish your trip with a visit to the modern center of Zaandam.
Every stop has a lot to offer, and with self-guided tours available through your app, you can soak in the Dutch heritage and culture. Check in at the gift shop of THIS IS HOLLAND, only 5 minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station and start your day in the countryside!
|LOCATION||Departure Point: THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein 51, Amsterdam|
|DEPARTURE TIMES||Daily departures from 29 March – 30 September 2018, from 09:00 every 45 minutes.|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central Station, you can take the free ferry with direction “Buiksloterweg”. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From here, it is just a 1 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||The whole day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket and Smartphone accepted|
- Be aware that the buses drive in one direction only! For example: when you hop off in Volendam, it is not possible to go back to the Henri Willig Cheese Farm.
- When you return to THIS IS HOLLAND, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket.
- If you would like to take advantage of our great audio tours, make sure you download the free Hop on Hop off App! QR codes are available at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND
- No phone? Visitors can rent phones at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND for € 3 per mobile device
- Via the Hop on Hop off App, visitors will be able to see the live (!) location of the bus, so they can always check if the bus is nearby the bus stop.
- Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade your ticket to Hop on Hop off Plus including a choice of 2 free admissions (+ € 15,00)
- A’DAM LOOKOUT (reg. price € 13,50)
Visit the sky deck of this unique tower, offering breath-taking panoramic views of Amsterdam
- Volendam Experience (reg. price € 8,50)
Discover the past of Volendam through a guided and Virtual Reality tour
- Digital photo in traditional Dutch costume in Volendam (reg. price € 15,00)
Wear the traditional costume of Volendam. Great holiday photo guaranteed!
- Edam Museum (reg. price € 5,50)
The museum is located in the oldest brick house of Edam, dating back to 1540
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (reg. price €13,50)
45-minute boat tour with amazing view of the windmills and the Zaan skyline, last departure 16:30 h.
Tip: During Keukenhof season join the Hop on Hop off: Keukenhof line!
- Enjoy the flexibility of a bus coming every 45 minutes to each stop
- Explore the Dutch countryside
- Experience traditional Dutch culture
- View the scenic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Enjoy the fishing village of Volendam
- Discover the old centre of Edam
- Taste and experience the making of traditional Dutch cheese
- Adventure in villages where famous artists have gained inspiration
- Visit a traditional clog warehouse
- Take a look in Zaandam, with one of the best inner cities of Holland