Explore the countryside with Hop On Hop Off Holland
This Hop on Hop off tour through picturesque countryside is the perfect way to discover the ‘other face’ of Holland. Escape the busy Amsterdam and depart to experience local culture and unique destinations. With Hop on Hop off: Cheese, Windmills & Dutch Villages you discover the entire countryside around Amsterdam completely at your own leisure! The tour includes a staggering 8 stops which all promise a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy your favourite stops.
The Hop on Hop off tour starts at This is Holland in Amsterdam North and then continues to some iconic locations. Behold the famous windmills at the characteristic Zaanse Schans, immerge in the old fisherman’s village of Vollendam of what to think of a guided tour at a traditional Cheese Farm. This is just a small selection of the in total 8 fantastic locations.
‘Hop On Hop Off Holland’ App
To make the most out of your day the tour also offers a free app. Download the ‘Hop On Hop Off Holland’ App and see exactly when the next bus arrives, in order to minimalize the waiting time. Every 45 minutes a bus arrives at a busstop. The app also offers walking routes at every stop. Besides that, in the bus an audio tour is available which provides information about the culture and history of this inspiring region. In short, a perfect day away from the ‘hustle and bustle’ of the big city!
|LOCATION||Departure Point: This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, Amsterdam|
|DEPARTURE TIMES||From 5 October 2018 till 29 March 2019. Every Friday till Monday from 09:00 every 45 minutes.|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central Station, you can take the free ferry with direction “Buiksloterweg”. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From here, it is just a 1 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||The whole day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket and Smartphone accepted|
- Be aware that the buses drive in one direction only! For example: when you hop off in Volendam, it is not possible to go back to the Henri Willig Cheese Farm.
- When you return to THIS IS HOLLAND, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket.
- If you would like to take advantage of our great audio tours, make sure you download the free Hop on Hop off App! QR codes are available at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND
- No phone? Visitors can rent phones at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND for € 3 per mobile device
- Via the Hop on Hop off App, visitors will be able to see the live (!) location of the bus, so they can always check if the bus is nearby the bus stop.
- Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade your ticket to Hop on Hop off Plus including a choice of 2 free admissions (+ € 15,00)
- A’DAM LOOKOUT (reg. price € 13,50)
Visit the sky deck of this unique tower, offering breath-taking panoramic views of Amsterdam
- Volendam Experience (reg. price € 8,50)
Discover the past of Volendam through a guided and Virtual Reality tour
- Digital photo in traditional Dutch costume in Volendam (reg. price € 15,00)
Wear the traditional costume of Volendam. Great holiday photo guaranteed!
- Edam Museum (reg. price € 5,50)
The museum is located in the oldest brick house of Edam, dating back to 1540
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (reg. price €13,50)
45-minute boat tour with amazing view of the windmills and the Zaan skyline, last departure 16:30 h.
Tip: During Keukenhof season join the Hop on Hop off: Keukenhof line!
- Enjoy the flexibility of a bus coming every 45 minutes to each stop
- Explore the Dutch countryside
- Experience traditional Dutch culture
- View the scenic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Enjoy the fishing village of Volendam
- Discover the old centre of Edam
- Taste and experience the making of traditional Dutch cheese
- Adventure in villages where famous artists have gained inspiration
- Visit a traditional clog warehouse
- Take a look in Zaandam, with one of the best inner cities of Holland