- Combination Deals
- Deals & Discounts
- Hop on Hop off
- Spring Time in the Netherlands
Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum + the countryside of The Netherlands
This tour invites you into a world of beauty and creativity. Admire some of the greatest works of art in history at the renowned Rijksmuseum and explore the stunning countryside of The Netherlands on our Hop On Hop Off bus tour.
See the wonderful landscape with your own eyes as you hop on the comfortable bus that will take you within 15 minutes to the countryside just north of Amsterdam. The tour includes six stops which all promise a unique sight into Dutch history and tradition. As each stop provides its own special slice of culture, this tour has the perfect variety as you explore the Dutch countryside. You can hop-off as often as you wish and enjoy self-guided walking tours with an audio guide or just walk around and admire the typical historical villages. En route, enjoy amazing country views away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy your favorite area at your own leisure! Spending as much or as little time at each stop gives you flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere. When planning your trip to Holland, be sure not to miss this gem of a tour which is suitable for all!
Pick up your Rijksmuseum ticket before your visit, at the This is Holland (also the start and return location of the Hop on Hop off bus tour)! Avoid the long queues in the museum and head directly to see the masterpieces of Rembrandt, Frans Hals and Johannes Vermeer. The national museum has been renovated, yet the Gothic and Renaissance style is still visible throughout this unique building. The Rijksmuseum offers an extensive collection of artwork, crafts and historical pieces dating back from the year 1200 to the present, including masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Milkmaid and Rembrandt’s Night Watch. Absorb the culture and see one-of-a kind artwork. Eight thousand objects are on display in 80 galleries, with a variety of exhibits that are sure to impress.
The ticket for the Hop On Hop Off bus to Zaanse Schans, Edam and Volendam is valid from 19 March – 28 September 2020. The ticket for the Rijksmuseum remains valid for a year after purchase. The ticket for the Rijksmuseum must be picked up at This is Holland (starting point of the Hop on Hop off bus) prior to your visit .
|LOCATION||Departure Point: THIS IS HOLLAND, Overhoeksplein, 51, Amsterdam|
Check-in desk is located on the ground floor of THIS IS HOLLAND open from 9:00 – 14:30.
You will find the Rijksmuseum at the Museumstraat 1 in Amsterdam.
|HOURS OF OPERATION||From 22 March until 30 September 2019, everyday from 09:00 every 45 minutes.|
From 19 March until 28 September 2020, everyday from 9.00 am till 2.30 pm, every 45 minutes
RIJKSMUSEUM opens daily from 09:00 – 17:00
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Meeting/ starting point: THIS IS HOLLAND, situated opposite Amsterdam Central Station along the IJ River. Please take the free ferry from Central Station to the opposite side, direction: ‘Buikslotermeer’. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From here it is just a 2 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.|
From Amsterdam Central Station you can reach the Rijksmuseum with tram 2 and 5 (stop: Rijksmuseum).
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket and Smartphone accepted|
There are no participant restrictions. This tour is suitable for all ages. Children must be accompanied
by an adult.
Additional information for the Rijksmuseum:
The audiotour is accessible through the free Rijksmuseum app or you can get it at the museum itself. Earphones can be purchased in the museum. The audiotour is available in: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian.
- Wheelchair accessible
- All floors accessible with elevators
- Enter at the ‘People with tickets’ entrance and show the voucher in your email (on your smartphone)
- Cloakroom is free of charge
- Children up to 18 years old are free of charge
Extra Information Hop On Hop Off: Zaanse Schans, Edam & Volendam
- Be aware that the buses drive in one direction only! For example: when you hop off at Henri Willig Cheese Farm, it is not possible to go back to Volendam
- When you return to THIS IS HOLLAND, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket.
- If you would like to take advantage of our great audio tours, make sure you download the free Hop on Hop off App! QR codes are available at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND
- You can purchase earphones at the check-in desk for € 1
- Via the Hop on Hop off App, visitors will be able to see the live (!) location of the bus, so they can always check if the bus is nearby the bus stop.
- Any questions? email@example.com
You can book our Hop on Hop off bus to Zaanse Schans, Edam and Volendam also without any additional ticket.
Here you find also our offer for the Rijksmuseum only.
- Get up close to 800 years of Dutch art and history with 8,000 objects across 80 galleries – including renowned masterpieces such as Rembrandt’s Night Watch and Vermeer’s The Milkmaid, plus fantastic temporary exhibitions
- The Rijksmuseum, the most-visited museum of the Netherlands, can have lengthy ticket lines. Our skip the line tickets get you priority access
Hop On Hop Off Cheese, Windmills & Dutch Villages:
• Enjoy the flexibility of a bus coming every 45 minutes to each stop
• Explore the Dutch countryside
• Experience traditional Dutch culture
• View the scenic windmills of Zaanse Schans
• Enjoy the fishing village of Volendam
• Discover the old centre of Edam
• Taste and experience the making of traditional Dutch cheese
• Adventure in villages where famous artists have gained inspiration
• Visit a traditional clog warehouse