Five Tickets in One for the Traditional Jewish Neighbourhood
Did you know that the history of Amsterdam is deeply intertwined with Jewish heritage? In the Amsterdam street language you will find a bunch of Jiddish words for example! This is why in Amsterdam there are no less than five locations to visit and learn all about this unique culture and history.
In the Jewish neighbourhood of Amsterdam, you will find out everything regarding the Jewish heritage. This one ticket offers entry to five venues in the Jewish Cultural Quarter. You will visit the Jewish Historical Museum, Portuguese Synagogue, the National Holocaust Museum, the National Holocaust Memorial and a Children’s museum.
Sadly, after the Second World War there were very few Jewish people left in Amsterdam. However, the Jewish Cultural Quarter keeps the Jewish heritage alive and available for all its visitors.
Did you know that the house of Rembrandt is also located in this neighborhood in Amsterdam? Combine your visit and book tickets for the Rembrandt house museum here!
|LOCATION||Plantage Middenlaan 24, Amsterdam|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station:|
Metro line 51, 53, 54 to stop Waterlooplein.
From there it is a 5 minute walk
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
The audiotour at the Jewish Cultural Quarter is available in eight languages: Dutch, German, French, English, Spanish, Hebrew, Italian, and Portuguese.
- All five venues are wheelchair accessible.
- The Portuguese Synagogue offers a guided tour for people with a visual impairment.
- The Jewish Cultural Quarter consists of multiple activities. Your ticket offers entry to all five venues.
- Children under the age of 6 are free of charge.
Are you inspired now to learn more about the history and culture of Amsterdam? You could also visit the Amsterdam Museum!
- Buy one ticket for all five museums
- The Portuguese Synagogue houses beautiful ritual objects and a UNESCO protected library