Get an insight into Dutch and way of life with the Alkmaar Cheese Market Tour
Visit Alkmaar’s traditional Cheese Market – the oldest in The Netherlands! In this 2,5 hour small group walking tour, you will learn all about Alkmaar’s most well known attraction: The Cheese Market! With the Alkmaar Cheese Market Tour you can watch how the cheese is traded as it has been for centuries and see the Cheese Carriers transporting the cheese to be weighed. You will also get to leave the hustle and bustle of the market behind and wander through Alkmaar’s medieval centre all under the expert guidance of a friendly Canadien guide. At tour not to be missed!
The Alkmaar Cheese Market Tour is typical for the Netherlands. Interested in more typical Dutch experiences? Visit the Royal Delft Experience.
|STARTING POINT||From Central Station Alkmaar|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Alkmaar is easy to reach from Amsterdam by train or bus.|
There are also several parking garages close to the train station.
The center of Alkmaar is a 10-minute walk from Alkmaar Central Station.
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
- Visit the Alkmaar Cheese Market and watch the traditional way of trading and carrying cheese.
- We will spend approximately 1,5 hours at the Cheese Market.
- Learn all about the history of the Cheese Market as well as learn some of the lesser known facts and stories.
- Have the opportunity to try a variety of Dutch cheese and even buy some to take home (extra).
- Walk through the cobbled streets of Alkmaar and along it’s picturesque canals and see some of Almaar’s most famous buildings such as the Grote Sint Laurenskerk ( Great St. Lawrence Church), het Stadhuis ( The City Hall) and De Waag ( The Weigh House).
- Learn about the history of Alkmaar and the story behind “Victory Begins at Alkmaar!
- Smaller groups mean more personalised attention and more fun! Spaces are limited, so we recommend you book in advance to avoid disappointment.