A unique collection of Dutch and Flemish masters in the Mauritshuis!
This Attraction is closed until further notice.
The ‘Girl with the Pearl Earring’ is one of the most famous paintings in the world. It has been printed a million times on posters, cups and t-shirts, however do you know where to find Vermeer’s original painting? The Mauritshuis in The Hague is home to the masterpiece and also hosts an excellent collection of many paintings particularly from the Golden Age.
Rembrandt van Rijn’s painting ‘The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp’ can also be found in the museum, as well as artworks painted by Frans Hals and Paulus Potter. Discover the great collection and the beautiful Mauritshuis itself.
Are you a fan of Dutch masters such as Rembrandt, Vermeer and Frans Hals? In that case you should definetely visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam as well. The Gallery with the famous Nightwatch is truly astonishing.
The Mauritshuis is located in The Hague, which is the city where the Dutch Royal House lives and where we have our parliament. If you are searching for other nice museums or attractions in The Hague, we would like to suggest Louwman museum; an amazing museum about the history of the automotive industry!
|LOCATION||Plein 29, Den Haag|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Den Haag Central station:
Tram 9 to stop Kalvermarkt – Stadhuis
Bus 22 to stop Den Haag Centrum
Walking takes you 10 minutes
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 11:00 or after 15:00
Otherwise, Thursday evenings are quiet
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
- Wheelchair accessible
- All floors accessible with elevators
- Cloakroom free of charge
- Audiotour available via Mauritshuis app in Dutch and English. The Highlight Tour is also available in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Children up to 18 years are free of charge!
- More than 200 unique pieces of Dutch and Flemish masters.
- Check out the Masterpiece “Girl with a Pearl Earring” by Johannes Vermeer
- The original “Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp” by Rembrandt can be admired here!
- Beautiful old 17th century building, former home of count Maurits looking over a pond and next to the parlement buildings, which are also worth a visit.