Visit the largest museum for Modern Realism in Holland!
This Attraction is closed until further notice.
Museum MORE is an impressive museum for Modern Realism in the center of the Netherlands: Gorssel. It houses the collection that is owned by Hans Melchers, containing works by leading Dutch realist artsis of the past 100 years.
The collection is a significant part of the Dutch national cultural heritage, for it was an important art movement in Holland.
Museum MORE has prime pieces by Carel Willink, Jan Mankes, Pyke Koch and Charley Toorop. Their body of work is related to that of other artists who mixed fiction and reality, amongst those Giorgio de Chirico, Salvador Dalì, Rene Magritte, Paul Delvaux, Edward Hopper, George Tooker, Alexander Kanoldt, Otto Dix and George Grosz. Are you curious what the Dutch artists did in this art stream? Then visit museum MORE!
The MORE building in Gorssel was designed by the celebrated Dutch architect Hans van Heeswijk, who was also responsible for the reconstruction of many promiment buildings in Holland. Have you for instance seen the Van Gogh Museum and the Hermitage in Amsterdam, or the Mauritshuis in the Hague? The building of Museum MORE is one of those beautiful signature buildings.
Visit the museum today and enjoy all the artworks is has to offer!
Are you inspired? A visit to castle Ruurlo is also a great opportunity!
|LOCATION||Hoofdstraat 28, Gorssel|
NB: closed on 25th of December, 27th of April and 1st of January
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Museum MORE has its own busstop, for bus 81 from station Zutphen or Deventer|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 11:00 h or after 15:00 h|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed vouchers|
- Wheelchair accessible, there are also wheelchairs available
- Parking at the museum is free of charge
- E-bikes and charging points are available at the museum
- Cloakroom is free of charge, and has charging points for your phone or tablet
- Breathtaking building / modern architecture
- Café MORE by Loetje inside museum
- Lies in the richly wooded ‘Achterhoek’
- 4,5 star rating on Tripadvisor
- Near ‘1250 year old’ city Deventer