Enjoy a true Dutch Windmill Experience!
This Attraction is closed until further notice.
The windmill – a typical Dutch landmark. Despite the fact that there are hundreds of mills in the Netherlands, especially the mill of Sloten is a unique one. This windmill is a totally reconstructed polder mill from 1847. You will find the Windmill and Coopery Museum in the outskirts of Amsterdam.
The mill can be visited the whole year round. In addition, you will get a guided tour by the miller, who can tell you everything about living and working in a windmill. The mill is accessible for elderly and people in wheelchairs since there is an elevator inside the mill. Therefore, with an exhibition about Rembrandt and the possibility to enter, the Windmill and Coopery Museum are an exceptional experience.
Would you like to see more of Rembrandt? Try and visit the Rembrandt House museum!
|LOCATION||Akersluis 10, Amsterdam|
Note: last tour starts at 16:30
From the station Amsterdam Lelylaan or the station Schiphol bus 195 stop: Langsom
From Amsterdam Central station:
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
Guided tours are available every day. The last tour starts at 16:30. Groups have to reserve in advance.
- Platform is wheelchair accessible
- Platform is accessible by elevator
- Visit one of the most famous landmarks in the Netherlands
- Did you know that Rembrandt van Rijn, the iconic artist, painted this windmill?
- In the attic there is an audiovisual presentation about the life of Rembrandt. It is available in 9 languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Russian and Chinese
- Special conducted tours for children are available