A must see for all modern and contemporary art and design admirers!
You will find the Stedelijk Museum in the heart of the museum district of Amsterdam. It offers you an impressive collection of modern and contemporary art and design, which is the largest in the Netherlands. Here you will find a lot of iconic artworks by masters such as Henri Matisse, Karel Appel and Marlene Dumas.
Would you like to wander past the highlights (and surprises) in the museum and enrich your visit with in-depth stories? Go on a trip with a free audio tour! The audio tours are available at the starting point of the temporary exhibition(s) and Stedelijk Base – the collection.
When you visit this museum, you will have an overview of 150 years of art and design. While you are there, do not forget to visit the museum shop. This is the perfect gift shop for art lovers! Want to combine the Stedelijk Museum with other museums in Amsterdam or in the Netherlands? Look no further and visit our museum page.
|LOCATION||Museumplein 10, Amsterdam|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station:|
Tram 2 or 12 to stop Van Baerlestraat
Bus 397 to stop Museumplein
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Before 11:00 and after 16:00.|
Friday nights are very quiet.
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
- The audio guide is offered in 6 languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Duration: 1,5 h and free of charge.
- The museum has four wheelchairs for visitors use, please make a reservation before visiting the museum.
- With your ticket you can make use of the fast track entry.
- Children up to 18 years are free of charge.
- Admire the largest collection of modern and contemporary art & design in the Netherlands
- See iconic artworks of Henri Mastisse, Karel Appel and Marlene Dumas
- Make sure to see the dynamic solo exhibitions of promising artists
- Visit the Museumshop for books, souvenirs, jewellery and design gifts