Tour through the dark history of Amsterdam: “Fear is a Funny Thing”
Travel back in time exactly to the darkest days in Amsterdam where murder, plague and fire were the order of the day. The Amsterdam Dungeon brings the underworld of Amsterdam to life in special shows with professional actors. These are the 80 minutes that you will not forget. Funny, but terrible, and the question is if you come out alive. Be brave and experience all the horror stories of Amsterdam!
The Amsterdam Dungeon is to be found in a beautiful building in the center of Amsterdam and is definetely worth a visit. It is about a 15 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station and very close to Dam Square. A must see attraction in Amsterdam, which is not only funny and scary, but also very informative, and gives a completely different view of Amsterdam and all its stories.
Are you up for some more exciting experiences in Amsterdam? Madame Tussauds is right around the corner from the Dungeon, so don’t miss all the fun and check out both!
|LOCATION||Rokin 78, Amsterdam|
Note: From the 12th until the 27th of October and 31st of October The Amsterdam Dungeon will be transformed into ‘Home of Halloween’.
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||From Amsterdam Central station:|
Tram 4, 14 to stop Rokin
Metro 52 stop Rokin
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||All day, but during the evening it is extra scary!|
|TICKET TYPE||Printed ticket|
- Wheelchair accessible, no electric wheelchairs
- Wheelchairs available
- Two floors are accessible with elevators, third floor has a stairlift
- The Amsterdam Dungeon is suitable for children of 10 years and older. Children under 12 need to have parental supervision.
- Amsterdam’s history brought to life in a scary, yet exciting way
- Learn how to stay calm in a witch-hunt reenactment